- Enel has acquired the remaining 40% of Maritza East III Power Holding (it already held 60%) and 100% of Maritza O&M Holding Netherlands from the US company Entergy. With this transaction Enel now controls 73% of both Maritza East III Power Company, which owns one of the largest thermal plants in the country (840 MW), and Maritza East 3 Operating Company, which operates and maintains the plant.
- Conti: We intend to expand further in Bulgaria, both in generation and power infrastructure. We consider it a strategic market for our growth in Central and Eastern Europe.
Rome, 16 June 2006 Enel has purchased from Entergy Power Bulgaria Ltd (Entergy) 40% of Maritza East III Power Holding B.V., a Dutch company that owns 73% of Maritza East III Power Company AD, a Bulgarian company that owns the Maritza East III power plant near Stara Zagora, in south-eastern Bulgaria. Enel had already acquired 60% of Entergys stake in Maritza East III Power Holding B.V. in 2003, taking the lead in modernising and operating the Maritza East III power plant, one of the countrys largest lignite-fired facility with a capacity of 840 MW.
Fulvio Conti, Enel CEO, remarked: The increase in our stake in Maritza East III strengthens our position in Bulgaria, a key market for Enels growth in Central and Eastern Europe, where we intend to expand further, both in generation and power infrastructure.
Enel has also purchased from Entergy the entire share capital of Maritza O&M Holding Netherlands B.V., a Dutch company that owns 73% of Maritza East 3 Operating Company AD, a Bulgarian company that operates and maintains the Maritza East III power plant. The remaining 27% of both Bulgarian companies is still owned by NEK, the Bulgarian national electricity company.
Enel has paid Entergy a total of 47.5 million to buy the stakes in Maritza East III Power Holding B.V. (40%) and Maritza O&M Holding Netherlands B.V. (100%).
Enrico Viale, Enels country manager for the Balkans commented: This acquisition consolidates Enels role in developing the areas power system and strengthens our partnership with NEK.
Enel S.p.A. provides for the dissemination to the public of regulated information by using SDIR NIS, managed by BIt Market Services, a London Stock Exchange Group's company, with registered office at Milan, Piazza degli Affari, 6. For the storage of regulated information made available to the public, Enel S.p.A. has adhered, as from July 1st, 2015 to the authorized mechanism denominated “NIS-Storage”, available at the address www.emarketstorage.com, managed by the above mentioned BIt Market Services S.p.A. and authorized by CONSOB with the resolution No. 19067 of November 19th, 2014. From May 19th 2014 to June 30th 2015 Enel S.p.A. used the authorized mechanism for the storage of regulated information denominated “1Info”, available at the address www.1info.it, managed by Computershare S.p.A. with registered office in Milan and authorized by CONSOB with resolution No. 18852 of April 9th, 2014