Rome 25 October, 2007 Enel S.p.A. (Enel) announces that its wholly-owned Dutch subsidiary Enel Investment Holding B.V. (EIH) late yesterday night entered into an agreement for the purchase from Credit Suisse of approximately 2,529.4 million shares of the Russian generation company OAO OGK-5 (OGK-5), representing approximately 7.15% of the companys share capital at the price of 4.2574 rubles per share, for a total consideration of approximately 10,769 million rubles (equal to approximately 304 million euro at the current exchange rate of 35.4 rubles for 1 Euro). The completion of the transaction, consistently with the Russian provisions of law and regulations, will occur in the coming days with the registration of the transfer of the shares.
EIH already owned a 29.99% stake of OGK-5s share capital. Upon completion of the above mentioned acquisition, EIH will hold therefore about approximately 37.15% of OGK-5s share capital and, having overcome the threshold of the 30% of OGK-5s share capital, EIH will be committed, in compliance with Russian laws and regulations, to launch a public tender offer over the entire share capital of the Russian generation company.
The market will be promptly informed about the price per share offered under the offer, the timing and other terms of the public offer, as soon as the relevant documentation shall be approved by the relevant Authority (FSFR). In particular, for the time being, the price per share, as per the applicable Russian law and regulations, cannot be lower than 4.4275 rubles, the latter being the highest share purchase price paid by the offeror over the last six months.
Set up in 2004 as part of the industry reform policy, OGK-5 is one of six wholesale generation companies in Russia where the privatization process is underway. Its four thermal plants are strategically located in some of the most developed and fastest growing regions of the country and include:
- 2,400 MW of gas-fired capacity at Konakovskaya GRES in the Tver Region (Central Russia);
- 1,290 MW of gas-fired capacity at Nevinnomysskaya GRES in the Stavropol Region (Southern Russia);
- 3,800 MW of coal-fired capacity at Reftinskaya GRES in the Sverdlovsk Region (Urals);
- 1,182 MW of gas-fired capacity at Sredneuralskaya GRES in the Sverdlovsk Region (Urals).
In the first half of 2007 OGK-5 posted revenues of 13,748 million rubles, an operating profit of 1,370 million rubles and a net income of 1,200 million rubles.
This additional shareholding acquisition in OGK-5 is part of Enels strategy aimed at strengthening the Groups position on the Russian market, where Enel was the first non-Russian player to be awarded generation assets coming from the ongoing liberalization and privatization process of the electricity sector.
In Russia now Enel is a vertically integrated Group. In addition to the stake owned in OGK-5, Enel Group currently owns 40% of the Severnaya Energia consortium (owned by Eni for the remaining 60% and previously named Enineftegaz). The consortium acquired several promising assets in the gas fields (OAO Arcticgaz, Urengoil, OAO Neftegaztechnologia). Moreover Enel Group holds 49.5% of RusEnergosByt, one of the countrys independent electricity supplier.
On November 8, on the occasion of the conference call to comment on Enels Group nine months results, the CEO Fulvio Conti will present a strategic update dedicated to the Russian market.
Enel S.p.A. provides for the dissemination to the public of regulated information by using SDIR NIS, managed by BIt Market Services, a London Stock Exchange Group's company, with registered office at Milan, Piazza degli Affari, 6. For the storage of regulated information made available to the public, Enel S.p.A. has adhered, as from July 1st, 2015 to the authorized mechanism denominated “NIS-Storage”, available at the address www.emarketstorage.com, managed by the above mentioned BIt Market Services S.p.A. and authorized by CONSOB with the resolution No. 19067 of November 19th, 2014. From May 19th 2014 to June 30th 2015 Enel S.p.A. used the authorized mechanism for the storage of regulated information denominated “1Info”, available at the address www.1info.it, managed by Computershare S.p.A. with registered office in Milan and authorized by CONSOB with resolution No. 18852 of April 9th, 2014