Rome, April 10th, 2017 – Enel S.p.A. (“Enel” or the “Company”) informs that as of today, at 7:00 p.m., two slates of candidates for the office of Director of the Company have been filed at Enel’s registered office, in view of the renewal of the Board of Directors due to expiry of its term put on the agenda at the ordinary Shareholders’ Meeting convened for May 4th, 2017 in a single call.
Specifically, one slate has been filed by the Italian Ministry of Economy and Finance, which owns approximately 23.585% of Enel’s share capital, while the other slate has been filed by a group of mutual funds and other institutional investors (1), which together own approximately 1.879% of Enel’s share capital.
The slate filed by the Italian Ministry of Economy and Finance is composed of the following candidates:
1. Patrizia Grieco (*);
2. Francesco Starace;
3. Alfredo Antoniozzi (**);
4. Paola Girdinio (**);
5. Alberto Bianchi (**);
6. Alberto Pera (**).
The slate filed by the above mentioned group of mutual funds and other institutional investors is composed of the following candidates:
1. Angelo Taraborrelli (**);
2. Anna Chiara Svelto (**);
3. Cesare Calari (**).
The above mentioned slates and the relevant accompanying documentation will be made available to the public by the deadline provided for by the law at the Company’s registered office, on its website (www.enel.com), as well as on the authorised storage mechanism “eMarket Storage” (www.emarketstorage.com).
(1) These investors are: Aberdeen Asset Management PLC; Aletti Gestielle SGR SpA; Anima SGR SpA; APG Asset Management NV; Arca SGR SpA; Ersel Asset Management SGR SpA; Eurizon Capital SA; Eurizon Capital SGR SpA; Fidelity Funds; Fideuram Asset Management (Ireland); Fideuram Investimenti SGR SpA; Generali Investments Europe SGR SpA; Generali Investments Luxemburg SA; Interfund SICAV; Kairos Partners SGR SpA; Legal & General Assurance (Pensions Management) Ltd; Mediolanum Gestione Fondi SGR SpA; Mediolanum International Funds Ltd; Pioneer Asset Management SA; Pioneer Investment Management SGR SpA; Standard Life.
(*) Candidate who declared to hold the independence requirements provided for by the law (articles 147-ter, paragraph 4 and 148, paragraph 3 of the Consolidated Financial Act).
(**) Candidate who declared to hold the independence requirements provided for by both the law (articles 147-ter, paragraph 4 and 148, paragraph 3 of the Consolidated Financial Act) and article 3 of the Italian Corporate Governance Code.
With reference to the further items on the agenda of the above mentioned Enel’s Shareholders’ Meeting concerning the renewal of the Board of Directors, the shareholder Italian Ministry of Economy and Finance, while filing its slate of candidates for the office of Director of the Company, has furthermore disclosed its intention:
- to endorse the proposal of the outgoing Board of Directors that the new Board shall be composed of nine members;
- to endorse the proposal of the outgoing Board of Directors to set the term of the new Board in three accounting periods (2017, 2018, 2019), until the Shareholders’ Meeting that will be convened for the approval of the financial statements for the year 2019;
- to propose to the Shareholders’ Meeting to appoint the candidate Patrizia Grieco as Chairman of the Board of Directors;
- to propose to the Shareholders’ Meeting to confirm the compensation currently due to the members of the Board of Directors, i.e. euro 90,000 gross per year for the Chairman and euro 80,000 gross per year for each other member of the Board of Directors.
All Enel press releases are also available in smartphone and tablet versions. You can download the Enel Corporate App at Apple Store.
Enel S.p.A. provides for the dissemination to the public of regulated information by using SDIR NIS, managed by BIt Market Services, a London Stock Exchange Group's company, with registered office at Milan, Piazza degli Affari, 6. For the storage of regulated information made available to the public, Enel S.p.A. has adhered, as from July 1st, 2015 to the authorized mechanism denominated “NIS-Storage”, available at the address www.emarketstorage.com, managed by the above mentioned BIt Market Services S.p.A. and authorized by CONSOB with the resolution No. 19067 of November 19th, 2014. From May 19th 2014 to June 30th 2015 Enel S.p.A. used the authorized mechanism for the storage of regulated information denominated “1Info”, available at the address www.1info.it, managed by Computershare S.p.A. with registered office in Milan and authorized by CONSOB with resolution No. 18852 of April 9th, 2014