- With the conclusion of the voluntary non-binding tender offer launched on June 8th, 2021, Enel Finance International N.V. will repurchase in cash conventional bonds in euros for an aggregate nominal amount of 1,069,426,000 euros
- The success of the transaction will allow for the acceleration of the achievement of the Group’s targets of sustainable finance sources on Group’s total gross debt
Rome, June 15th, 2021 – The non-binding voluntary tender offer (the “Tender Offer”), launched on June 8th by Enel Finance International N.V. ("EFI"), the Dutch-registered finance company controlled by Enel S.p.A., for the repurchase, and subsequent cancellation, of part of four outstanding series of conventional bonds in euros listed below, was completed:
- 2.5 billion euros Notes issued on September 17th, 2009, due September 14th, 2022 and 5.000% coupon (ISIN XS0452187916);
- 1.0 billion euros Notes issued on October 15th, 2012, due April 17th, 2023 and 4.875% coupon (ISIN XS0842659426);
- 1.5 billion euros Notes issued on January 27th, 2015, due January 27th, 2025 and 1.966% coupon (ISIN XS1176079843);
- 1.3 billion euros Notes issued on June 1st, 2016, due June 1st, 2026 and 1.375% coupon (ISIN XS1425966287).
In line with the Group's current Strategic Plan, the liability management transaction, together with the new issuance of the multi-tranche Sustainability-Linked bond launched on June 8th, will further accelerate the achievement of the Group's targets of sustainable finance sources on Group total gross debt, set to 48% in 2023 and more than 70% in 2030.
Upon completion of the Tender Offer, EFI will repurchase in cash part of the aforementioned conventional bonds for an aggregate nominal amount of 1,069,426,000 euros. EFI has therefore exercised the right, provided for by the terms and conditions of the Tender Offer, to increase, at its sole discretion, the amount of bonds to be repurchased originally set at a target maximum aggregate amount of 1 billion euros.
The following table shows (i) the amount accepted for purchase by EFI, (ii) the purchase yield, (iii) the purchase price, (iv) the accrued interest, (v) the nominal amount of the bonds outstanding after the settlement date.
The repurchase transaction is expected to be settled on June 17th, 2021 at the same time of the settlement of the issuance of the multi-tranche Sustainability-Linked bond launched by EFI on June 8th, 2021.
EFI was assisted in the transaction by a syndicate of banks in which Banca Akros S.p.A. - Gruppo Banco BPM, Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, Banco Santander, BNP Paribas, CaixaBank, Crédit Agricole, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, ING, Intesa Sanpaolo, J.P. Morgan, Mediobanca, Natixis, Société Générale and UniCredit acted as Dealer Managers.
 Enel's rating: BBB+ (Stable) for Standard & Poor's, Baa1 (Stable) for Moody's and A- (Stable) for Fitch.