In 2016 the procedure for the purchase and redevelopment of the thermoelectric plant in Bastardo was launched and is still ongoing. In recent years production has reduced considerably.
Planned in the 1960s as a lignite-fired power station, following the nationalization of electric energy in Italy it was transferred to Enel while still in construction and converted into an oil-fired plant. In 1988 the second conversion to coal occurred and the plant entered into operation with the new configuration in 1991.
The fortress and the churches of Gualdo Cattaneo mark the artistic and historical profile of the town that over the centuries, thanks to its strategic location between Foligno and Spoleto, was at the centre of conflict and strife but also of an important architectural development.
The castles are a fascinating attraction for tourism and offer the possibility of a real journey through time that begins in the era of ancient Rome until today.
Hills and villages are full of olive oil mills and wineries. Gualdo Cattaneo is a must for those who want to discover the “Strada del Sagrantino wine” and cuisine that was born around the truffle, extra virgin olive oil but also the cultivation of nuts.
UPDATE, 19 APRIL 2018
Enel Produzione S.p.a. notifies interested parties that the deadline for the presentation of the Project Proposal, with the Binding Economic Offer, has been postponed to 31 January 2019.
Furthermore, we inform you that, as soon as it becomes available, the letter from the Ministry of Economic Development with the updated evaluation of Enel's request for the definitive conclusion of activities at the power plant will be posted in the appropriate section of the Data Room.
UPDATE OCTOBER 20, 2017
Enel Produzione S.p.a., as a follow-up of the update on the web site page relevant “Procedure” of requalification of the Bastardo’s Power Plant Site, shall inform:
- The deadline for submission of Non-Binding Expressions of Interest, originally scheduled for March 31st, 2017 at 12:00 pm, has been postponed to June 30th, 2017 at 12:00 pm;
- The deadline for submission of Project Proposals and their Binding Economic Offers, originally scheduled for 28th April 2017, at 12:00 pm, has been postponed to October 31st, 2017 at 12:00 pm.
- The deadline for submission of Project Proposal and its Binding Economic Offer, originally scheduled for October 31st 2017, has been postponed to 19th April 2018.
Discover the details regarding the procedure for the purchase and redevelopment of the Bastardo power plant. On this page you will find the Expression of Interest to participate, the useful documentation and a series of supporting materials.
The Expressions of Interest must be submitted at the latest by 31st March 2017, at 12h00, and are subject to a preliminary verification by Enel, as to whether they meet the requirements established by the presenters.
The Project Proposal and its Binding Economic Offer must be submitted at the latest by 19th April 2018.
UPDATE APRIL 12, 2017
Enel Produzione S.p.a., as a follow-up of the previous communication, shall inform:
- The deadline for submission of Non-Binding Expressions of Interest, originally scheduled for March 31, 2017, has been postponed to June 30th 2017;
UPDATE MARCH 24, 2017
With reference to the communication concerning the procedure for the Bastard site, below, Enel Produzione S.p.A. informs that:
- The deadline for submission of Non-Binding Expressions of Interest, originally scheduled for March 31, 2017, is postponed to a date still not defined, which will be duly communicated;
- The temporary postponement of the definitive exit from the national energy system does not change the initiative launched for the site, which represents a strategic opportunity for the sustainable redevelopment of the area of Umbria.
Enel, in accordance with the Open Power philosophy and within the Futur-e project, will launch a purchase and redevelopment procedure aimed to select proposals for the purchase and redevelopment of its thermal power plant located in Gualdo Cattaneo (Perugia).
The Procedure is divided into two phases:
- Expression of Interest;
- Due diligence, survey, project proposal and site binding purchase offer.
The two phases of the Procedure will be presented in detail in the document “Call for expressions of interest for the redevelopment and purchase of the Coal Thermal Power Plant situated in the Municipal District of Gualdo Cattaneo, Province of Perugia owned by Enel” published on this website.
The expressions of interest must be received by 31st March 2017, at 12h00 pm and are subject to a fit assessment as to whether the persons considered suitable for admission to the second phase of the Procedure for the presentation of the project proposals meet the requirements.
Following the assessment, Enel will notify the admission to the second phase of the Procedure for the presentation of project ideas and corresponding binding site purchase offers to the persons who are deemed qualified.
The proposed project proposals will be subject to a fit assessment taking into account the requirements established in the Procedure aiming at enhancing the innovative and sustainable projects under a social, economic and environmental viewpoint, with a special focus on the opportunities and needs of the local community.
Following the selection of the project ideas Enel will start negotiation with the persons who have submitted the relevant binding site purchase offers in order to achieve the sale of the Plant area.