Redevelopment has been completed
In 2019 the power plant area has been transferred to Campania Region.
The plant includes four gas turbine groups, each consisting of: Turbine-powered diesel generator with active air cooling and a capacity of 88.8 MW, up transformer with a transformation ratio 15/240 kV.
The energy that was produced was fed into the grid at 220 kV, with a connection to the power station "Patria" belonging to Terna. Until 2012, two of the four generators were occasionally used as engines in the role of "synchronous compensators" to provide power factor correction services to the network.
In recent years the demand from the Authority for the National Electricity System of electricity generated by the gas turbine plant was reduced significantly, because of the decreased demand. As a result of the changing needs in the market, Enel asked for and received permission to secure the plant and to cease operation by March 10, 2014.
Put into service progressively from 1987, until 2005 it achieved a limited number of annual operating hours, on average less than 200 hours / year.
The town of Giugliano extends between the Neapolitan hinterland, the province of Caserta, and the Campi Flegrei. Its history goes back centuries: it starts with the Italic tribes era of iron, then Scipio Africanus who lived there the last years of his life, until the present day.
The city recorded a real demographic boom and its population doubled in twenty years, and now its inhabitants are more than 120,000, so that it has become the most populous non-capital town of Italy.
The town in the province of Naples has a long agricultural tradition and is home to one of the largest fruit and vegetable centers in Italy, founded in 1920, now extended over an area of about 200,000 square meters.
Giugliano, by the way, is also known as "the city of the Winter Apple" because on its lands the so-called "queen of apples", today marketed throughout Italy and abroad, is cultivated.